Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main function of the Job:
Data Centre Management
- Manage a team of technicians to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
- Responsible for management and distribution of maintenance tasks and managing client upgrades such as cable replacements, component and accessory swap out and customs upgrades.
- Ensure that records, drawings/schematics and working methods for the facility are maintained and updated following any changes or upgrades.
- Manage planned and corrective maintenance events ensuring adherence to OHS act requirements and in accordance to predefined standards and schedules.
- Share knowledge and industry best practices by building close working relationships with technical teams and supervisors across all regions.
- Ongoing training and evaluation of technical teams on Data Centre best practices and standards.
- Work closely with Data Centre Manager to resolve escalated support cases and provide relevant technical feedback including completion of incident reports.
- Ensuring comprehensive Root Cause Analysis are completed for all incidents and outages
- Monitoring of alerting on all Data Centre equipment, technical team response and feedback to business.
- Quick responses to all alerting and critical situations.
- 3rd-party vendor management.
- Manage working methods to ensure all SLA’s, OLA’s and MSA’s are achieved.
- Implement corrective actions promptly to mitigate the negative effects of system outages.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintain compliance in accordance with all relative policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance in accordance with all relevant certified ISO standards.
- Support the HR department in achieving the organization's developmental plan deliverables within agreed timelines.
- Meet agreed on inter-departmental OLA (Operational Level Agreement)
- HS&E monitoring and corrective action to meet statutory compliance, SLAs and good business practice
- Implement company and departmental policies, processes and work instructions as per the agreed quality and timeline/ RFS (Ready for Service).
Critical System Management:
- Management of data centre infrastructure to provide a concurrently maintainable, cost-effective system supporting 99.999% electrical uptime and 99.99% mechanical uptime.
- Ensure applicable planned and corrective maintenance is managed in accordance to ensure customer MSA’s and SLA’s are achieved.
- Conduct working methods to maintain agreed PUE levels.
- Task finalisation and report accurately, as per the agreed format, quality and within the agreed timelines
Data Centre Ethics:
- Ensure compliance is maintained by incorporating industry best practices.
- Ensure data centre facilities standards are enforced and maintained.
- Ensure data centre cleaning standards are enforced and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with HS&E standards is enforced and maintained.
- Excellent technical abilities
- Effective communication skills, active listener – ability to understand requirements
- Proactive problem solver, perform rapid and accurate assessments
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a positive team player
- Conducts self professionally, exhibits elevated levels of tolerance and patience
- Responsible for continued learning and self-development
- Quick response to all situations.
- Troubleshoot systems and components to identify root causes of failures.
- Advance Microsoft Office skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical qualification preferable
- Minimum 5 years of relevant data centre experience
- Extensive knowledge of Data Centre environments and critical infrastructure systems.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.