Jobs In Western Cape 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Repairing and maintenance of 220v AC lights, switches, and plugs;
- Testing live 220V AC lights, switches and plug circuits;
- Working independently with an assistant on maintenance tasks;
- Managing and maintaining electrical tools, hand tools and ladders;
- Performing housekeeping in the workshop, workplace, switch rooms, and vehicle;
- Driving a vehicle towing a diesel bouser or trailer and filling generators with fuel;
- Electronic and on-paper record-keeping;
General management: applying occupational health and safety measures, national electrical standards (SANS) and the University's policy and procedures;
Relations management: Promoting and maintaining good working relations and partnerships with internal clients and contractors, as well as promoting the image of Facilities Management both within and outside the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- N3 Certificate in electrical, or equivalent qualification;
- Semi-skilled assistant with sound electrical knowledge and experience;
- At least five years relevant experience in the electrical trade;
- Basic computer skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Proven communication skills in both Afrikaans and English;
- An above-average ability to promote and maintain good human relations with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders;
- The ability to motivate colleagues and inspire them to provide better service delivery;
- The ability to function within a team;
- Willingness to work after hours;
- The ability to work at heights;
- A valid Code EB or Code 14 driver's licence (license to tow a trailer);
- Electrical Trade Test Certificate will be advantageous but is not a necessary requirement.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.