Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Ensure optimum plant availability by efficient diagnosis, repair and maintenance of all electrical systems and equipment.
- Inspects electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating conditions, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Overhaul AC and DC motors and perform series of tests on each motor to determine the condition of the motor windings, insulation and core lamination during this process.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric and/or N2 (4 subjects)
- N3 Advantageous
- Electrical Trade test Certificate
- 2 years post apprentice experience (preferable)
- Must have electrical fault-finding experience in an industrial environment
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.