Jobs In Western Cape 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Job Advert Summary
To manage trade analyses assisting in the development of trade optimisation and modelling tools to help drive trade in Pick n Pay Retail. To work cross-functionally within the Trade team assisting in the analysis of Pricing and Promotions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Pricing and Promo Analysis:
- Assist in the development of pricing and promotional tools to enable trade optimisation.
- Assist in the completion of day-to-day processes as required within the Pricing and Promotions teams.
- Develop the list of explanatory variables for sales forecasting.
- Assist in the development of relevant feature selection algorithms.
- Align with the Trade Planning team to communicate sales targets and promotional sales requirements to the business.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Computation of the descriptive statistics and daily summary reports.
- Contribute to trade planning and trade strategy effectively.
- Build performance-enhancing insights based on the data.
- Manage the trade data ensuring the integrity and robustness of analysis.
- Contribute to the development of the trade database.
- Develop system enhancements to improve data processing efficiencies.
- Contribute to the development and incremental improvement of the trade analytics and insights engine
- Build trade analysis reports analysing the effects of industry, technology, and market changes including industry practices, business trends, distribution methods, and the competitive environment
- Design and build innovative approaches to continuously improve trade systems and processes
- Perform complex analyses; identify trends and insights based on data
- 3-year undergraduate degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, IT or similar).
- Preferably 4-5 years of Analytics experience in a field requiring a high degree of data.
- Understanding the retail industry is advantageous.
- Advanced use of Microsoft product suite.
- The ability to use specialised analytical software (R, SQL, Knime, Power Bi, Tableau) is highly advantageous.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Conceptual thinking Networking and Relationship Building
- Excellent Communications skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good Presentation skills Team
- Orientation Results Orientated with a sense of urgency
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret data
Competency-based interview to assess the above requirements
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.