Administrative / Secretarial Jobs In Free State : Assistant Officer (Level 13) - University of the Free StateAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2022
Jobs In Free State 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Duties and responsibilities
Reception Front Desk:
- You will be the first point of contact for University Estates.
- Duties include offering administrative support across the organization.
- You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Request quotations for accommodation and car rentals.
- Capture requisitions for accommodation and car rentals.
- Receive purchase orders and provide them to the accommodation and car rentals suppliers.
- Process invoices for payments of accommodation and car rentals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage ad-hoc claims of the department.
- Manage the employee claims (F1, F2 etc.).
- Purchase and order office supplies, and groceries, including office stationery and equipment.
- Assist with bookings: workshops, conferences, travel, accommodation, flights and seminars or webinars for staff.
- Do requisitions for catering and general office needs.
- Make sure that all purchase orders and tax invoices are signed for approval.
- Send signed purchase order and a tax invoice to Finance department.
- Assist the Facilities Administrative Services division with procurement and administrative tasks as required.
- Schedule appointments and meetings on the Outlook calendar.
- Taking off and distributing minutes as requested.
- Arrange support if needed for presentations.
- Official receiving and distributing of documents.
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 or relevant National Vocational Certificate or relevant N4 qualification on NQF level 4,
- A minimum of one (1) year relevant working experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the Procurement Policy of the UFS.
- Human Resources related background with focus on customer service.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- PeopleSoft Financials.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration, and working with close supervision.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Certified copies must not be older than 6 months
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter
- Certified copies of all academic records
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications (please provide SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications)
- A Certified* copy of your identity document
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable)
- A copy of your driver's license (if applicable)
- A service record of your current employer / last employer
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is R 198 670.72 – R 333 081.64 per annum depending on the budget available for the position, relevant work experience and qualifications.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.