Jobs In Western Cape 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This person will be responsible to ensure all Fixed Asset Registers are maintained and that related systems function efficiently and effectively to ensure valid, accurate and complete reporting of fixed assets.
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging and will make an appointment in line with these objectives.
Key performance areas
- Record all fixed asset transactions including additions and disposals in the accounting system
- Calculate depreciation and amortization for all fixed assets and intangible assets
- Record depreciation in line with useful lives
- Assist with month end reporting requirements
- Conduct/assist with analyses/investigations related to fixed assets as requested by management
- Coordinate fixed asset counts including result verifications and adjustments
- Liaise with other departments/teams when required
- Ensure alignment and consistency of the Fixed Asset process
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all fixed assets data is updated timely and accurately
- Monitor accuracy of fixed asset registers
- Perform regular fixed asset reconciliations
- Assist with development and implementation of policies and procedures for fixed assets and intangible assets
- Lead investigations and resolve store asset count exceptions in collaboration with Ops team
- Perform ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Adhering to principles and values
- Following instructions and procedures
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing and collaborating skills
- Self-starter, flexible, energetic, confident
- Attention to detail
- Display a high level of efficiency
- Keen to improve processes
Experience/knowledge & skills
- Relevant BCom degree with Accounting or Financial Accounting or similar
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Standards relevant to Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets
- Strong analytical & numerical aptitude
- Advanced excel skills
- Understanding of financial systems & controls
- Any of the following will be advantageous:
- Experience with fixed asset registers
- Experience with Sage Evolution
- Experience in a retail environment
- SAICA audit articles
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.