Jobs In Cape Town 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Key performance areas but not limited to the following:
- He/she will be required to perform engineering work of various disciplines in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning or maintenance of power distribution and process control systems.
- He/she will be required to plan, coordinate and execute design aspects of a project or product.
- Preparing of proposals for electrical distribution and control systems, evaluating the function, safety, cost of manufacture and appearance of products.
- Produce AutoCAD writing diagrams, conceptual drawings and manufacturing drawings as required.
- Produce testing and validation documentation: FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), Inspection Reports and Operating manuals.
- Read and interrogate 3rd party codes and standards (IMCA, ABS, DNV, Lloyds, AMSE) and prepare design submission reports for 3rd party review such as ABS, DNV and Lloyd’s Register and resolve technical queries and/or comments throughout the design appraisal and production/manufacturing phases of the project.
- Manage sub-contractor designs and integrate design inputs from them.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification and experience:
- B.Eng./B.Sc./BTech/ National Diploma: Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering (heavy or light current). Candidates with B.Eng. / B.Sc. will receive preference.
- 3 Years relevant design experience.
- 3 Years’ experience leading/project managing a design team. Includes interfacing with the sales/contracts dept regarding technical clarifications, scheduling etc.
- 3 Years’ experience in production / commissioning / maintenance (planning & execution).
- AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent.
This will enable him/her to apply the principles of engineering to the design and manufacturing process (concept to completion) to make it as efficient as possible, operate as smoothly as possible and resolve potential problems that could lead to equipment failure.
Additional Skills required:
- Superior knowledge of electrical process control and technical competency in the fundamentals of electrical engineering design and analysis.
- Excellent report writing skills (including the writing of operating and maintenance manuals).
- High level of technical competency in the design of automated control systems employing PLC, HMI and SCADA systems.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, manage multiple tasks, and be goal-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- The position may require international travel.
- MS Office, Microsoft D365.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.