Engineering Jobs In Gauteng : Lead Civil / Structural Engineer (Underground Mining) - Fluor CorporationEngineering Jobs In South Africa 2022
Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.
This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate global strategic initiatives in procedures be implemented on projects
- Apply cost-competitive execution techniques develop the most cost-effective total project solution for the execution of the discipline of engineering work
- Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of the projects
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
- Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
- Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in the design
- Develop and update job execution plans
- Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
- Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability
- Assign work teams, monitor and manage the work
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex difficult engineering complexity
- Establish and lead the squad check effort for vendor equipment documentation for assigned
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
- Prepare/review scopes of work for third party contracts
- Support proposal and estimate activities
- Identify deviations in job scope, estimate magnitude of changes, and initiate trends or change orders
- Deliver quality work, and adhere to the Operating System Requirements (OSR)
- Execute project work in accordance with approved Activity Plans
- Adhere industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
- Contribute and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
- Participate in Fluor University® as necessary follow the curricula as outlined in the Functional
- Development Frameworks
- Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counselling
- Engage Fluor’s global community, promoting a OneFluor mindset
- Monitor and support work performed by Fluor offices or other designated entities performing
- Distributed Execution Engineering
- Direct and oversee audits
- Assist in the development of department standards, procedures, practices, and guidelines
- Assist with company functions outside the department
- Support Key Process Owner and Department Manger on initiatives
- May promote company branding by active participation in external technical organizations and code committees and presents technical papers or presentations through Fluor’s P4 process
- Serve as member on an external organization or Code committee’s steering or technical board
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills of the job
- May need to travel to attend business-related matters
- Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
- Other Duties as Assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Discipline-Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Civil/Structural/Architectural/Building Systems
- Perform calculations for foundations, concrete, and steel structures by hand and computer analysis
The Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized twork in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree (Civil or Structural)
- 10 Years of working experience in EPCm environment
- Professional Registration with ECSA
Advanced knowledge of:
- Hydrologic analysis and hydraulic design, geotechnical engineering and investigations, boundary and topographical surveying (civil)
- Performing hand and computer calculations for foundations, concrete, and steel structures (structural)
- Analyzing complex structures
- Wind and seismic loading in structural calculations (structural)
- Dynamic analysis and design (structural)
- Computer modeling and analysis (structural)
- Procurement and construction aspects of engineering
- Vendor drawing review, intergroup review – squad checking
- Engineering and fabricator drawing checking
- Managing and leading a small project
Intermediate knowledge of:
- Blast design (structural)
- Managing and leading a medium/large project
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Other Job Requirements
- Degree Civil Engineering
- Extensive underground and surface mining study/execution project experience
- Strong people management and technical skills
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.