Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.
This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects
- Apply cost-competitive execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline of engineering work
- Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
- Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
- Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
- Develop and update job execution plans
- Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
- Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability
- Assign work to teams, monitor and manage the work
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
- Establish and lead the squad check effort for vendor equipment documentation for assigned equipment
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
- Prepare/review scopes of work for third party contracts
- Support proposal and estimate activities
- Identify deviations in job scope, estimate magnitude of changes, and initiate trends or change orders
- Deliver quality work, and adhere to the Operating System Requirements (OSR)
- Execute project work in accordance with approved Activity Plans
- Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
- Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
- Participate in Fluor University® as necessary to follow the curricula as outlined in the Functional
- Development Frameworks
- Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counseling
- Engage Fluor’s global community, promoting a OneFluor mindset
- Monitor and support work performed by Fluor offices or other designated entities performing
- Distributed Execution Engineering
- Direct and oversee audits
- Assist in the development of department standards, procedures, practices, and guidelines
- Assist with company functions outside the department
- Support Key Process Owner and Department Manger on initiatives
- May promote company branding by active participation in external technical organizations and code committees and presents technical papers or presentations through Fluor’s P4 process
- Serve as member on an external organization or Code committee’s steering or technical board
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
- May need to travel to attend to business related matters
- Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
- Other Duties as Assigned
Discipline-Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish equipment requirements and prepare equipment data sheets for mechanical equipment including unfired and fired heat transfer equipment, packaged equipment, pressure vessels, pumps and compressors, or packaged equipment
- Evaluate dimensions, equipment connections, and equipment performance including pressure profiles, heat transfer rates, and off-design cases
- Provide equipment sizing and application support to project development or process
- Participate in material selection for equipment
- Develop and revise equipment lists, narrative specifications, equipment standards, equipment general arrangement and outline drawings
- Participate in supplier/contractor bid clarification, negotiation, and/or award meetings
- Review and comment on supplier/contractor drawings and data
- Represent Mechanical in model reviews and closely monitor
- Provide consultation during fabrication and witness testing of equipment
- Provide consultation and/or on-site assistance for the installation, commissioning, and/or start up of equipment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree (Mechanical)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the design, fabrication, construction, and commissioning of bulk materials handling equipment.
- Professional Registration with ECSA
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Lead Engineer/Project Engineer on a bulk material handling facility in an EPCm mining environment.
- Understanding of the operation of typical mining equipment such as Jaw Crushers, HPGR’s, Scrubbers, Vibrating screens, Pumped and Gravity Separation, Slurry Pumping and Stacker/Reclaimers
- EPC/m Project Execution
- Plant Layout Optimization and Review
- Bin, Chute & Transfer point design
Other Job Requirements
- Degree Mechanical Engineering
- GCC Mines & Works
- Extensive underground and surface mining study/execution project experience
- Conveyor Design (Sidewinder)
- Conveyor Audits
- Discrete Element Modelling (Newton/Other)
- Layout of Materials Handling Systems
- Layout of storage facilities such as stockpiles and silo’s
- Installation & Commissioning of BMH System.
- Strong people management and technical skills
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.