Jobs In South Africa 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
DAI provides management and technical support services to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) to support the TFSA programme. This programme will give both capacity building and technical assistance to help grow trade and find targeted solutions to improve gender equality in trade to alleviate poverty across the SACU+M region (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and South Africa).
The main activities included in the programme are:
- Increased access to information and trade promotion;
- Support in compliance with market standards and integration in supply chain/value chains;
- Export/Trade and customs training and improving access; and
- Equality for women in trade.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This programme expects to: increase opportunities to trade; overcome non-technical barriers (NTBs) to trade in goods; improve export performance, and in doing so achieve a poverty reduction and have a gender positive impact on trade in SACU+M, as well as to help facilitate trade continuity between SACU+M countries and the UK post-EU exit.
This specific assignment focuses on establishing TFSA Knowledge and Opportunity Centres (KOCs) as crucial programme stakeholders.
Scope of Work
The Accountant is a key member of the finance team. He/She will play a pivotal role in overseeing adherence to project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, contract requirements and limitations, financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
The individual ensures compliance with all accounting and financial reporting functions, oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, and partner relationships, audits backup documentation, and directly supervises and supports the project’s accounting staff. The Accountant may be called upon to assume main accounting responsibilities when needed or perform any other related duties as assigned.
Specific responsibilities include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly Capture field expense reports for GBP and ZAR account.
- Monthly capture the GBP and ZAR expenses on quick-books accounting software.
- Monthly perform GBP and ZAR bank reconciliations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Monthly submit the financial reports for review and approval
- Ensure the accuracy and timely posting of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and project accounting codes
- Ensures adequate backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies,FCDO rules/regulations and the terms of the contract.
- Monthly track VAT invoices and complete a summary sheet for review.
- Regularly monitor GBP and ZAR bank balances to ensure availability of funds and the accurate maintaining of bank balances.
- Update the fixed assets register regularly.
- Montlhy update the LOE tracker and send with FER
- Montlhy maintains file management systems on sharepoint
- Prepare payments vouchers for suppliers, employees, STTA’s and Subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, National Diploma in Finance or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing Donor funded projects
- Experience leading and managing the financial aspects of Donor projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related FCDO contracting regulations
- Experience with Quick -Books accounting software, and Microsoft office suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.)
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.