Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As The Successful Candidate, You Will
- Develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, schedule and cost
- Assist in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
- Define the electrical system requirements to achieve the project results and monitor effectiveness
- Prepare a list of engineering deliverables and time based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
- Develop the electrical work plan for insertion into the project specific execution plan
- Develop and maintain the project scope of work documentation and revisions as required during the design evolution
- Manage and review the Engineering Work Packages (EWP) associated with all deliverables and time based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and take corrective action if necessary
- Assign work tasks (via approved engineering work packages) to individuals and continuously monitor progress and quality
- Review and approve the electrical engineering and design standards
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Review and approve the electrical and layout design criteria documents
- Review and approve electrical technical deliverables (design criteria, calculations, study reports, specifications, datasheets, drawings, etc.), and provide professional sign-off where required
- Represent the electrical discipline in project engineering coordination meetings
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in electrical design reviews
- Ensure coordination, between the electrical team and other disciplines, of all activities being performed as the design evolves
- Ensure that quality audits of engineering work are carried out in accordance with project procedures and the quality assurance plan
You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 10 - 15 years’ relevant experience
- The successful candidate should have a BSc/B Eng or B Tech Degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Registration with an approved engineering council or other region equivalent, a post-graduate qualification in Electrical Engineering,
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment on large projects in the mining, mineral processing, oil & gas, power, infrastructure sectors and/or heavy industrial projects
- Engineering and design experience in HV primary distribution and reticulation systems, consumer switch yards and switchgear, transformers, large motor power circuits and Low Voltage (LV) electrical distribution systems, MCCs, lighting & small power, earthing and lightning protection.
- Extensive use of electrical design software platforms (tools) for power system modeling and studies, protection coordination schemes, earthing (grounding) studies, etc. e.g. ETAP, DigSilent, CDEGS, EasyPower, SKM
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Sound understanding of regulations, design codes and technical standards
- A high degree of understanding of interdisciplinary dependencies related to the discipline
- Extensive experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
- Strong ability to delegate tasks and promote the effective performance of team members
- Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies
- Ability to manage individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in mentoring young professionals
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.