Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The core purpose of the role is to ensure the effective picking of goods from the picking list against customer orders and packing of goods onto shelves according to company standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Warehouse assistance
- SHEQ Integrated Management System control
- Business Continuity
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure accurate picking of stock according to picking slip.
- Verify that correct stock was picked.
- Indicate name, date, weights, dimensions, and signatures on all picking slips, as required.
- Indicate and communicate any anomalies on the picking slip.
- Indicate and communicate any product quantity and colour differences on the picking slip.Ensure accurate completion of picking slips
- Ensure accurate packing of stock into correct areas/bin locations.
- Ensure effective wrapping of the product according to company procedures, to ensure protection of the product.
- Ensure correct stock is submitted to dispatch area.
- Prepare products for shipment or delivery.
- Pack and load products onto vehicles according to company specifications.
- Loading and unloading of products from vehicles / containers.
- Assist with receiving stock.
- Assist with deliveries and collections to and from customers when required.
- Ensuring that all stock is correctly and neatly located, binned, and always displayed.
- Count stock.
SHEQ Integrated Management System control
- Ensure adherence to the OHS Act.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves of other persons.
- Co-operate with the employer to enable prescribed duties or requirements to be complied with.
- Carry out any lawful order given and obey the health and safety rules and procedures.
- Report any unsafe or unhealthy situation to the employer.
- Report any incident to the employer.
- Comply with health and safety plans
- Ensure the work area complies with standards of health and safety, and hygiene always.
- Ensure effective housekeeping in work area.
- Ensure adherence to PPE requirements of the company requirements.
- Always maintain a high level of customer service levels standards.
- Responsible to comply with the SHEQ Integrated Management System (SHEQ-IMS) and the maintenance thereof.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 1 years’ experience in a similar position.
SKILL REQUIREMENT AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to do basic numerical calculations.
- Awareness and understanding of the ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, ISO 14001 Requirements relevant to the processes under your control.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to carry heavy material (physical strength and stamina).
REQUIREMENTS AS AN ADDED BENEFIT
- Experience in the aluminium profiles, -systems and –accessories environment or similar.
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license.
- Valid Forklift license.
- Due to the nature of the position, must be able to work outside the contractual working hours, within the criteria of overtime, when authorised.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.