Jobs In Gauteng 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We have an opportunity in our Supply Chain Team for a Supply Planning Manager, reporting to the Restaurant Service & Logistics Manager. This role is responsible for owning all supply planning for Africa which will include the following areas and responsibilities
- To own and lead the supply planning management for KFC Africa, the associated stock policy management, network capacity planning and risk and contingency management
- Working with the Procurement team to ensure that suppliers understand the medium- & long-term demand on their respective products and highlight supply constraints & opportunities together with the contingency plans in a proactive fashion
- Ensuring that the selected 3PL is holding stock correctly according to agreed inventory policies across the respective stock holding points
- The role is also responsible for overseeing the correct deployment of stock across the franchisee network
- The role is responsible to own and lead the supply planning management for KFC Africa, the associated stock policy management, network capacity planning and risk and contingency management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Responsible for the national management of both raw material and finished goods inventory flow in accordance with the company consensus forecast, budget constraints on 3PL commercial model as well as working capital targets.
- Responsible for leading business efforts in order to implement and monitor compliance for supply planning processes.
- Collaborate across SCM team and 3PL to review supplier capacities and identify supply areas based on least cost to serve.
- Responsible for leading cross functional collaborative efforts to achieve supply chain performance targets focused on stock availability , increased stock turns and improved order-to-delivery results
- The role provides input to the RS&L Manager to support Functional Strategy Development and target setting.
- Manages tactical & strategic supplier capacity planning and delivery to accommodate demand planning and net revenue forecasts. It is inclusive of stock policy delivery, Least cost sourcing, Capacity utilization strategy, future product growth & supplier compliance.
- Influences key stakeholders in the delivery of the capacity plan (ie, Demand planning, category teams) and leadership of the monthly supply reviews.
- Deploys Supply Chain Planning Processes to the broader organization in order to optimize product flow and achieve customer needs consistently.
- Supports medium to long term planning & risk management through facilitation of the monthly Supply Planning Review within iS&OP (integrated Sales & Operations Planning Process), focusing on developing 18-24 month rolling supply plans.
- Participate and develop Supply planning input in the annual budget process, 3 year strategic plan and monthly/quarterly reviews.
- Provides clear and visible communication on risks & opportunities, Current Capacity utilization, Future Capacity requirements, seasonal capacity constraints and recommendations on potential solutions.
- Collaboration with category sourcing teams to manage raw material inventory requirements according to the consensus forecast and weekly production plan, with the aim to achieve 100% raw material supply to 3PL by timeous communication of the 24 month rolling supply plans monthly.
- Work with the 3PL to ensure effective execution of the DRP and MRP, and manage against set KPI”s for service and improvements.
- Provides supply planning input into new product development, promotional activities and strategic projects to ensure a smooth phase in/out of activities and inventories on raw materials by completing feasibility, assess capacity/capability & constraints and developing a supply plan for NPD’s & projects to ensure stock is positioned before launch date.
- Support short to medium term risk management by co-facilitating the weekly Demand & Supply Management meeting with key Stakeholders to create transparency and an understanding of supply chain service to sales. This is focused on the short to medium term tactical execution requirements, evaluation of risks and opportunities, options to mitigate and trade off decisions in building recommended future actions.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to continuously improve raw material plans, waste reduction, increased efficiency and increased inventory turns.
- Manage product discontinuation to minimise financial impact to business.
- Create cross-functional synergy between different departments to support a wider involvement in supply chain towards a fully integrated supply chain execution.
- Produce freshness profiles to the business on a regular basis with the aim to seek solutions with the aim to minimize write-offs.
- Implement and manage the company stock policy for KFC inclusive of leading tactical management of stock for one off events and management of adherence to safety stock by suppliers and 3PL
- Amend supply plan to accommodate constraints through stock-building initiates; contingency supply etc
- Update supply plan weekly and communicate any supply failures that will result in business delivery risks
- Collaborate with Sourcing/Procurement teams to adjust supply plans based on new supplier/macro-economic dynamics
- Deal with escalated Franchisee complaints related to product delivery
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- B.Eng, Industrial / Business / Logistics
- Highly favoured Industrial Engineering Qualification
- Min 7 – 9 years’ experience in the field of Planning & Logistics
- Experience in working in a similar environment such as FMCG, Retail, Hospitality, Manufacturing etc..
Skills and Competencies:
- Inventory processes and best practices
- Logistics Management
- Customer-orientated approach
- Proactive problem solving
- Business Intelligence
- Driver for Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Process/system thinking ability
- Ability to deal with high levels of complexity under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to innovate
- Effective conflict management skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.