Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
RCL FOODS is seeking to employ an experienced Sales Executive to drive profitable sales growth through overall management of the Vector Sales Team – consisting of sales, merchandising and call centre staff – focused on selling across all the company’s principals and customers.
RCL FOODS expects the suitable incumbent to provide inspirational leadership, achieve strategic targets and develop commitment through engagement.
The role will be based in Westville and will report to the Sales Director.
- Minimum Requirements
- A minimum relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A postgraduate or master’s degree will be highly advantageous
- Valid Code EB drivers’ license
- A minimum of 10 years of successful sales management experience at a senior/executive level within the FMCG sales industry
- A proven track record of success working with customers senior executives
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties & Responsibilities
Strategic Operations Planning
- Participate in the strategic decision-making processes of the organization as a member of the executive management team.
- Develop the strategic direction for Vector Sales Solutions and drive the implementation and achievement of the set strategy.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate Vector Sales Solution and call centre structure that supports the agreed strategy and meets the changing/evolving needs of the organisation.
- Manage and develop strategic relationships with principals and customers.
- Work in conjunction with the Vector Sales Director to create a national sales strategy, based on a 3 to 5 year view of requirements.
- Determine operational capacity required across both the medium and the long term and plan required resourcing and technology requirements accordingly.
- Work closely with national cross-functional management teams to ensure the delivery of an integrated supply chain benefit.
- Drive the adherence to appropriate performance metrics across Vector Sales Solution and the Call Centre.
- Suggest improvements to the annual functional strategic plan and manage the co-creation of VSS’s contribution to the plan.
- Ensure the agreed strategy is implemented through team targets and that these targets align cross-functionally within the area of responsibility.
- Provide the overall management and set the strategic direction for Vector Sales Solutions.
- Focus management towards the goal of yielding profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Develop and maintain strategic sales relationships and alliances with partners to develop sales opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of sales promotions and lead generation activities.
- Maximise route to market opportunities and optimize shelf health, increase sales, grow market share, and ensure brand activation.
- Manage and incentivize the national sales force efficiencies through the implementation and management of a scorecard system.
- Manage national field sales activities relating to strategic data collection and market intelligence.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop the strategy with senior sales managers for operational standards in:
- Effective sales administration
- Relationship building
- Implementation of promotion grids
- Communicating promotional activities to field salesforce
- Ensuring forward share is reflected on the shelf as per market share
- Ensuring market share is reflected in the categories
- Ensuring shelf health is implemented, maintained and measure
- Communicating sales targets to the field force
- Increasing sales volumes in stores
- Ensuring cross-merchandising
- Monitoring in-store pricing
- Ensuring out of stocks are limited
- Driving ad-hoc promotions to increase sales
- Compiling trade visit reports
- Compiling monthly reports by regional/area sales managers
- Conducting review meetings with clients
- Monitoring stocks in depots
- Managing rewards and remuneration
- Monitoring and controlling fuel, cell and motor vehicle expenses
- Monitoring and controlling overtime
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of resources within the operation.
- Identify and research emerging cutting edge sales and call centre practices, systems, equipment and technologies to be introduced within the company,
- Keep current with trends and issues in the industry, including current industry best practices and innovations.
- Review and approve major contracts for Vector Sales Solution/Call Centre services and equipment.
Cost and Budget Management
- Develop the annual operating and capital budgets for the Vector Sales Solution and Call Centre operations.
- Approve, coordinate and control all projects related to these operations.
- Evaluate operational alternatives, perform an appropriate cost-benefit analysis, and implement solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead the sales team towards meeting strategy and targets – through regular communication and utilization of full organization talent management toolset.
- Manage and deliver on succession plans to enable the development of a future generation of leaders and specialists and ensure optimal turnover and retention levels are maintained.
- Drives Employment Equity within the sales team to ensure that diversity is achieved at all levels and that statutory targets and requirements are met.
- Champions training and development of Sales team utilizing available training opportunities or contributing to the development of new training solutions in collaboration with regional and national training specialists.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates and ensure that the process is cascaded throughout the regional teams.
- Develops and manages high-performance multi-disciplinary teams in order to solve problems within Sales.
- Conducts regular meetings and ensures that records are kept and shared across the team and that action plans agreed to within team meetings are delivered upon.
- Manage overall employee relations climate with sales and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
- Managing the recruitment and selection of staff in conjunction with HR
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.