Securtity / Law Enforcement Jobs In Cape Town : Reaction Team Officer x2 - South African Reserve BankSecurtity / Law Enforcement Jobs In South Africa 2021
Jobs In Cape Town 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main purpose of this position is to provide an effective first-line response capability in security emergencies within the Cape Town Cash Centre of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), including the building projects at these facilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Rapidly respond to, and contain physical security threats.
- Provide tactical security support to Executive Protection mobile and static operations, as and when required.
- Provide support in response to security emergencies such as unruly persons or people who refuse to obey instructions, including providing support during disasters.
- Perform duties of a security official in the absence of emergencies.
- Provide initial medical assistance in the event of a medical emergency.
- Provide management information for the purposes of decision-making.
- Proactively broaden knowledge of own functional area, displaying a willingness to make improvements in the Unit (including methods and practices).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
- a Grade 12 certificate/NQF Level 4 qualification;
- a Basic Tactical Security Training (BTST) certificate;
- a skills programme in tactical security and emergency response certificate of competence;
- two to five years’ experience in a tactical security environment;
- knowledge of physical security, static and mobile protection, emergency reaction/response, basic ambulance assistance, electronic security systems, firearm handling and crime scene management;
- a level of medical, physical and psychological fitness that commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position; and
- a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C certificate.
- a competence certificate in the handling of firearms (9 mm pistol, semi-automatic rifle and shotgun);
- a favourable security clearance; and
- a valid Code 8 driver’s licence.
The following will be an added advantage:
- completion of a skills programme in tactical security and emergency response.
Additional requirements include:
- analysing and problem-solving;
- planning and organising;
- judgement and decision-making;
- observation and surveillance;
- verbal and written communication;
- time management;
- coping under pressure;
- conflict handling;
- professionalism, discipline and resilience to work long hours;
- the availability to work shifts (including weekends) and perform duties as required by operational circumstances.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za .
- All the available vacancies will be visible.
- Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Current vacancies.
- Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
- Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered > Login here.
- Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
- Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualification(s) with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 2 November 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.