Jobs In Gauteng 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The RCL FOODS Talent Team is on the hunt for dynamic individuals who are experienced in both commercial and financial aspects of business to potentially join our Food Partners team.
The purpose of the role is to provide the Food Solutions and Retail Wholesale Sundry teams with commercial support and insight to enable strategic decision-making regarding profitability, product feasibility and innovation. The business unit strives to deliver enhanced customer and product profitability information designed to unlock margin opportunities and assist in focused strategic decision-making.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Profitability Analysis & Reporting:
- Design dashboards which deliver consolidated insight into performance of Food Partners profitability and which focus to the delivery of the Strategic yearly agenda as set out for the Function.
- Drive enhanced customer and product profitability information designed to unlock margin opportunities and recommend ways to optimise customer and product profitability.
- Support the sales, marketing and customer teams in the use of system tools regarding costing and profitability.
- Analyse variances in product profitability reports.
- Provide support and regular feedback on performance to key/national account managers.
- Monthly feedback on the financial performance of the Product and Customers performance.
- Identify opportunities for value added reporting to improve the quality and content of reporting and message to management.
- Provide sustained support to internal customers, particularly those who raise specific queries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Provide indicative “what-if” costings and impact on profitability for:
- new product generation.
- specification changes.
- Revised pricing requests; and
- other proposed R&D approved amendments.
Work closely with Business Unit cost accountants to facilitate an understanding of and ensure that the most current costs (both production and distribution) are used when reporting on profitability.
Conduct quarterly product reviews and report to the Business Units on:
- product performance and history.
- market positioning.
- growth strategy and opportunity.
- margin improvement opportunities.
Conduct customer strategy reviews relating to:
- mix comparison.
- volume and margin evaluation.
New Product Development:
- Attend NPD / MDT meetings on QSR / Food Solution products and provide commercial insight and capacity to the marketing function.
- Ensure correct processes are in place for NPD including establishing and agreeing on reasonable SLA response processes.
- Challenge product enhancement opportunities.
- Use back of match box calculations to determine feasibility and shoot down unfeasible NPD proposals at the "what if" stage.
- Ensure products are costed accurately and profitability remains the high priority.
- Report on post product launch performance and profitability.
Commercial Insight and Technical Expertise:
- Provide calculations, detailed analysis and associated recommendations emanating from any and all queries that arise as a result of changes in business operations, the economic climate or potentially might offer more profitable solutions.
- Provide expertise in management team meetings to internal clients and colleagues and recommend solutions based on insights and findings.
- Provide practical commercial expertise and insights to external clients as part of regular engagement and ad hoc requests.
Customer Pricing Support:
- Calculate and provide prompt and accurate pricing information for price negotiations.
- Assist in the compilation of individual customer price lists to be used by sales managers as tools in pricing discussions and to process deals.
- Provide continuous pricing support regarding profitability to ensure that products are sold at targeted margins.
- Drive commercial conversations with and answer related queries from internal customers.
- Ensure product and channel profitability objectives are achieved.
- Perform return on investment calculations on customer spend and business investment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Opportunity Matrix Maintenance:
- Maintain a matrix of product costing opportunities by customer.
- Monitor customer & channel mix and volume optimization.
- CIMA or Qualified CA (SA).
- 2 - 3 years’ experience, including commercial costing and some exposure to manufacturing environments.
- Strong Verbal and written communication.
- Experience in both commercial analysis & insights and financial management.
- Valid Code EB drivers' license.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.