Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The RCL FOODS Talent Acquisition team is currently looking for an Internal Audit Manager (IT) to join our Head Office in Westville. The role reports to the Internal Audit Director and requires traveling to various RCL FOODS Sites. The main purpose of this role is to provide independent oversight regarding the effectiveness of and adherence to Group internal controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
Planning and Execution
- Manage and assist in risk-based IT and project assurance assignments to deliver on the Internal Audit plan.
- Manage team and assist in delivering consulting services related to risk, control, and governance over the portfolio, program, and project selection and delivery.
- Review Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans and suggests improvements where necessary
- Be in a position to write Policies and Procedures for IT function.
- Engage line management to determine current business processes and documents.
Identify best practices.
- Identify risks and internal controls already implemented.
- Evaluate the adequacy of controls.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Recommend the most appropriate controls (where non-existent), aligned to organizational policies and procedures.
- Preparing a risk-based internal audit plan on an annual basis.
- Conduct a risk assessment of assigned audit/functional areas within required timelines.
- Determine the scope and approach of the audit in conjunction with the leadership team
Implement risk-based audit programs.
- Ensure supervision of audit clerks during the execution of audits.
- Conduct audits in conjunction with the Senior Internal Auditor per the Annual Audit Plan and Audit Methodology.
- Manage and assist audit testing of specified processes to test the adequacy of the design and operational effectiveness of controls.
- Review and ensure test results are documented on audit working papers.
- Provide recommendations to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Validate audit issues identified through discussion with management and a review of mitigating controls.
- Oversee the SIA in their review, evaluation, and testing IT general controls and application controls
- Manage and influence the audit of the change management processes.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Oversee the production and submission of timely and clear audit reports to auditees with recommendations aimed at strengthening the overall control environment.
- Lead closeout meetings with process owners to discuss and finalize the audit report.
- Quality-assure final audit reports for the approval and sign-off of the Group Audit and Risk Executive.
- Provide summaries on audits conducted for the monthly Board packs, Divisional Executive and Audit Committees.
- Advise senior management on systems and processes requiring improvement.
- Drive the improved awareness regarding internal audits and the importance of a sound control environment.
- Contribute to project steering committees concerning system/process enhancements.
Ad Hoc Functions
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
- Evaluate regulatory compliance programs.
- Evaluate the Group’s business continuity readiness.
- Perform special audit-related projects as assigned.
- Work with Internal Audit Leadership daily to ensure that the audit team attains the KPI’s.
- Utilize regular communication channels and team meetings to promote continuous improvement and best practices.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Information and Data Management
- Ensure data is captured accurately and regularly onto the information system/schedules to enable access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making.
- Obtain relevant data and share it with L to enable reliable business decision-making.
Effective Team Management and Self-Management
- Encourage collaboration with other team members by working within the broader Internal Audit and Risk Management support team to deliver overall team objectives.
- Implement organized and effective work methods.
- Clarify ambiguities by confirming expectations.
- Participate constructively and willingly as a team player.
- Accurately assess the team dynamics and openly support team decisions.
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning and prioritizing, and self-development.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not being met, the potential risks thereof, and provide appropriate resolution.
- Manage colleagues’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives.
- BSc, BCom, BTech, or BEng Honours with Computer Science Information Systems as a major or similar
- Completed Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information System Manager (CISM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- Progress towards or completed CIA CISSP, CCNA, MSCE, ACDA, will be advantageous.
- Member of ISACA.
- 5 -8 years technically relevant experience as an auditor or technical professional.
- At least 5 years experience in auditing activities
- Good understanding of COBIT methodology, ITIL, COSO frameworks, the King Report, etc.
- Understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors IIA
- Extensive experience in Data Analytics and Data Visualization
- Experience with IT General controls and Application controls
- Experience in Cyber Security
- Digital and AI experience would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Project Management principles.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Understanding of the industry/similar industry and related business risks and the capacity to assimilate and apply this understanding to the benefit of the organization
- A solid understanding of business processes, risks, and controls (including those related to ERP systems)
- Knowledge of enterprise risk assessment and management
- A high-level understanding of fraud risk management, fraud detection, and investigative techniques
- Broad knowledge of Group operations and systems
- Good project management skills
- Internal audit methodology
- King IV and the Companies Act
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.