Jobs In Johannesburg 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Data Scientist is responsible for the design, engineering, development, operationalization, and modification of data science products in accordance with sound analytical principles and standards to drive critical value-adding business decisions. He/She will work closely with Principal/Senior Data Scientists, and business technical teams to extract business insights/predictions/recommendations. He/She will apply knowledge of recent techniques and research to propose new approaches and methodologies.
He/She will lead less-complex projects and will be required to support larger projects through the guidance of the Senior and Principal Data Scientists
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Lead/support the design, engineering, development, and modifications of Data Science products in accordance with sound analytical principles and data science standards to address business requirements.
- He/She will lead less-complex projects and will be required to support larger projects through the guidance of the Senior and Principal Data Scientists.
- Develop a broad base of Data Science generalist knowledge and competence.
- Influence, apply and leverage best practices and ensure/maintain compliance in own area.
- Apply relevant knowledge of the Analytics Eco-System including Data Management, Data Engineering to deliver sustainable Data Science products.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Apply Data Science knowledge including Advanced Analytics / Machine Learning / Simulation / Mathematical Modelling, as well as having good general knowledge of all areas of Data Science.
- Apply proficient Sasol value chain/s knowledge.
- Enable the extraction of meaningful business insights, predictions, recommendations by applying advanced data analysis.
- Ensure that solutions are sustainable, and adequately packaged for support handover.
- Fulfill the Data Scientist role on multiple projects that may apply Agile/Waterfall project execution
- Source, formulate and execute (manage and do) Data Science solutions for multiple digitalization projects.
- Take the latest trends and technology into consideration, to differentiate between complex problem types and modeling approaches to be used to provide solutions.
- Actively seek customers where support could be offered and proactively identify real business needs.
- Research data science & visualization trends for continuous improvement.
- Participate in the Sasol Data Science CoP sessions and share own ideas/knowledge/experience within the Data Science community.
- University Bachelor's Degree
- 5-8 years relevant years
Certification & Professional Membership
- Business Acumen: An intuitive and applicable understanding of how a company or unit makes money. Displays a thorough understanding of what drives profitability. Maintains a market-focused approach to business. Keeps an overall big picture understanding of the business and its interrelationships enabling a person to make better business decisions. The ability to make good business judgments and quick decisions in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Compliance: Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Continuous Process Improvement: The methodology followed for increasing the effectiveness and/or efficiency of a business process, often through automation.
- Customer Focus: A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers and clients, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
- Data Management: Knowledgeable of the theory, purpose, architecture, and design of the management, administration, and relationships of the organization's data.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Decision Making: Ability to know when and what decisions should be made and to make several decisions simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Negotiating: The ability to compromise in a cooperative effort to reach mutually satisfactory conclusions and results.
- Partnership Leadership: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes. Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Relationship Management: The conscious aim to develop and manage long-term and/or trusting relationships with internal or external customers, distributors, suppliers, or other parties in an environment which can include marketing, selling, servicing, and other areas where a relationship is crucial to ongoing success. At a senior level, it includes C-level relationships with senior management such as CEO [Chief Executive Officer], CIO [Chief Information Officer], and CFO [Chief Financial Officer].
- Reporting: The ability to access information from databases, forms, and other sources, and prepare reports according to requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW