Jobs In Midrand 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive, and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this. We challenge and innovate to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drives us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. With us, you can truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Maintenance and Support functions required for the Core Infrastructure Support (CIS) department’s job objectives
Your responsibilities will include:
- To maintain and support:
- Maintain CORE Voice and Ancillary Systems (CVA) existing and new technology
- Maintain and Implement Resilience plan for CVA existing and new technology
- The implementation and CRSM Support and Maintenance (M&S) of the CVA systems.
- Conduct Maintenance, Support, Optimization, and Resilience activities and give input to Core Voice and Data Teams (demand management, Config, etc) in terms of equipment, interfaces, licenses, technology, etc
- Investigations - Fault and Issue
- Project – alignment and execution
- Rollout, Maintain & Support, etc of new Products and Services within Vodacom Pty and OpCo’s
- Fault investigation, integration, optimisation, and support of existing and new technologies including VoIP solutions, Next Generation
- Networks and Subscriber Data Management.
- Maintenance & Support of CORE Elements: CSDB (HLR, HSS, EIR, ADD), MSS, MGW, CDS, STP, MSC, G/MS, MSS, MGW, CDS, STP,
- MSC, G/MSC, Protocols: #7, SIP, IP, DIAMETER and SIGTRAN analyst, Element Managers: SC, NetAct, @COM as well as all the other elements in the Common Switching Core: Legal Interception, roaming solutions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- TAC 1 support, trouble tickets, service requests, and change requests to vendors.
- Special investigations.
- Interface and Maintain productive relationships with vendors and suppliers as well as other divisions within Vodacom Pty, Vodafone, OpCo’s and National and International Telco’s
- Daily Maintenance & Support within the CVD department.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers as well as other divisions in Vodacom.
- Maintain productive relationships with suppliers and other groups in the business
- Support and maintain Telco Over Cloud and NFV.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Matric (Essential)
- A 3-year degree/diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical or equivalent qualification. (Essential)
- 2 years relevant experience (specify if possible)
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Telecommunications environment. (Essential)
- Experience in the cellular industry with specific experience in Core Networks (advantageous).
- Experience of GSM, GPRS/UMTS/LTE principles and protocols (advantageous).
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Internet Protocol SS 7, SIP, (IP)/NFV/SDN will be an added advantage
- Relevant CVA / GSM (Voice Services) and new technologies viz. LTE.
- Understanding of Voice systems and supporting ancillary systems such as HLR/HSS/CSDB, etc
- Understanding of the relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and IETF standards within mobile communication.
- Competencies include excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy.
- The understanding protocol within the Voice CORE elements, and LTE environments.
- Understanding of SIGNALLING, Protocol, and CORE Security principles.
- Understanding of IP and # 7 routing and protocols
- Understanding new technologies viz. LTE/WiFi/Mobile Convergence. Telco over the cloud, NFV, and service orchestration
- Understanding Telecommunication Industry Understanding of Network Designs
- Understanding of All Subsystems
The base location for this role is Midrand, Vodacom Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organizational culture that recognizes, appreciates, and values diversity & inclusion.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating, and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed, and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects, values, celebrates, and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom, you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
CONTINUE READING BELOW