Jobs In Gauteng 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AON South Africa is recruiting a Finance Manager in our Finance Department, based at our offices (Currently working remotely) in Roodepoort. The role of the Financial Manager – Operations is to manage internal control and related technical accounting functions for the group.
This position complies with the Company's Employment Equity policies.
- Leading and managing of staff.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of operational functions within Finance These include Accounts Receivable, Insurer Creditors, and Cashbook.
- Responsible for finance operational process and internal control review, maintenance, and improvement.
- Responsible for the accurate accounting of company operating and broking systems.
- Ensures compliance / regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Management of General ledger control and reconciliations.
- Responsible for Treasury management.
- Regular interaction with business and management to resolve operational or accounting issues.
- Shared Responsibility for:
- Risk management.
- VAT compliance.
- Income tax compliance and related administration.
- Shared responsibility for Internal and Internal and Statutory reporting.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Mentoring and coaching of staff – drive employee engagement and transformation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Have Grade 12 (Matric).
- Be in a possession of a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 5 years post-experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the South African and international short-term insurance markets.
- In-depth strategic knowledge of industry and business strategies and company goals.
- The specialist knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and control principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting processes/IFRS/US GAAP and taxation regulations.
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Excel in particular).
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to design good corporate governance practices and control environments.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Ability to work in and lead and manage teams.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships.
- 5 years experience in a similar or related environment.
- 2 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Preferably have experience in the short-term insurance industry.
- Experience working in the insurance industry is preferable.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: