Jobs In Gauteng 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Railway industry today is characterized by both strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization, and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develops & markets the most complete range of systems, equipment, and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Gibela Rail Transport Consortium invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Quality Technician to be based in Wolmerton, North Pretoria.
The position functionally reports to the Site Operations Manager and hierarchically to the Project Quality & Safety Manager.
The Quality Technician implements and manages the scope of work ensuring the conformity of the products and supporting the continuous improvement of all quality processes. Ensure the conformity of the product and act swiftly to resolve quality issues. Coordinate quality-related topics with customers and suppliers at the Site level
Based in the Manufacturing sites or in the PRASA depots where Customer Technical Support Service activities will be performed.
Network & Links:
Site Operations, Industrial, Engineering, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality and Manufacturing
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Implementation and maintenance of Quality Control Plan
- Several defects on products were inspected. Demerit by project & consolidation
- Non-conformity treatment – curative/corrective and CONQ
- Inspection at the workstation – number of reworks, missing parts, NCR, derogations, modifications.
- Return of experience at the workstation – to highlight areas of improvement & recommend possible corrective action.
- Reactivity to solve issues using Quality Problem Solving Tools (NCR, QRQC, 8D, etc.)
- Consistency with Quality animation (to meet APSYS score target)
- Ensure the conformity of the product delivered
- Ensure the adherence of the Control Plan and Self Inspection at each workstation.
- Accurately document NCR and results of the inspections/testing/audits, to launch the expected reaction on responsible teams (using QRQC, etc.)
Analyze records of non-conformity to find the root cause of repetitive noncompliance/ reworks – QRQC or/and other methods.
- Maintain all controlled document files and records in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in writing and updating inspection procedures, protocol, and checklists
- Escalate anomalies detected in operations & ensure effective treatment (QRQC tool)
- Ensure Quality animation methodology, in line with APSYS requirements
- Ensure quality is built into the processes.
- Inspect and accept/reject products as defined in the work instruction.
- Define and update the Demerit for each inspection/product.
- Attend the daily meeting in the workshop.
- Defined and communicate the quality acceptance criteria at each workstation.
- With PrQE support, train teams to use the self-inspection sheets.
- Suggest actions to improve the quality of the final product seen by the customer, especially the repetitive defects.
- Generate reports for various performance topics
- Support Customer and Gibela Warranty teams to apply improvement actions.
- Train other people (quality/manufacturing/industrial) to the quality metier.
- Respect EHS rules and any work-related processes.
- Grade 12
- Diploma/B-tech in Quality Management, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- SAP/GSI and MS Office literacy
- More than 2 years of technical knowledge with a solid understanding of critical characteristics of the products (i.e. mechanical, electrical, parts, etc), preferably in the railway industry, ideally in an international organization
- Knowledge and experience in quality management (i.e. ISO 9001:2015)
- Experience in applying Quality tools and problem-solving tools in manufacturing and/or services.
- Exposure to Special Processes (i.e. Torque tightening, Riveting, Gluing & Sealing, Cabling & Crimping) will be advantageous
- General railway and Train knowledge will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety & Quality standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Teamwork capacity. Supports team members, the spirit of “Team Trust Action”.
- Flexible and Adaptable. Can adapt to new ideas and situations.
- Conscientious. Meets proposed deadlines.
- Desire to learn and develop. Continuous improvement.
- Ability to Coach Others.
- Logical and organized. Keeps 5S in the workplace place.
- Communication and writing capabilities. Can exchange results and agree on strategies.
- EHS knowledge.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: