Jobs In Cape Town 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Faircape Health - a subsidiary of Faircape Group - provides the full continuum of care at six world-class healthcare facilities located on-site at six luxury, retirement villages.
The services of an experienced, compassionate Senior Shift Leader (Registered Nurse) are required. The successful incumbent will administer care to patients inclusive of frail, mental health, sub-acute, and assisted living at 3 of these facilities located in the Southern Suburbs (Clé du Cap in Kirstenhof, Noordhoek Manor in Noordhoek, and Tokai Estate in Tokai).
If you wish to occupy this station in a dynamic and collaborative environment with a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) of primary and allied healthcare professionals, then this is a remarkable career opportunity. To provide the highest level of care possible, we continuously invest in skills development with both internal and external training programs.
Should you wish to make a difference every day, and further expand the scope of your therapeutic practice, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Clinical handover
- Do morning handover according to ISBAR procedure with Shift leader on opposite shift and may delegate handover to duty Sr according to allocation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure all reporting is up to date for handover and all information checked when receiving the handover
- Administration and reporting
- Daily reporting to the NSM on any interventions during the shift
- Thorough reporting during shift change
- Ensure all staff are fully informed about all related policies and procedures
- Allocate staff on shift according to patient needs and operational requirements and specific activities and information from the handover process
- Do changes in staff allocation throughout the shift according to changes in needs and requirements
- Ensure full complement of staff on duty
- Ensure standby lists is populated
- Performance appraisals with staff
- Medication management and administration
- Ensure all blister packaged medication is available on the trolley and medication not prescribed anymore are removed from the blister pack
- Do rounds, check for sufficient consumption, and administer all medication to residents as per the scripts
- Check for any side effects of medication and adjust accordingly by phoning the doctor and arranging for a new script
- Manage medication change process. Phone Dr to get the script, send the script to the pharmacy, make changes on ECP and place a copy on the resident's file
- MDT and interaction with professionals
- Manage all admissions to the unit with the HCA and ensure all relevant requirements are in place and admission allocated to specific people. Bed allocation according to diagnosis and NSM input
- Manage all documentation for admission, progress, and discharges in a sub-acute facility with HCA (applicable only in facilities where a sub-acute license is in place)
- Ensure necessary documentation is completed and sent for review
- Draw up discharge plan and discuss with family
- Educate and manage staff on health and safety-related issues
- Maintain effective infection control practices
- Stock management
- Oversee and do dressings, wound care, and pressure care
- Deal with skin lesions
- Do catheter care and flushing intervention
- Do daily resident rounds and measure vitals
- Ensure patients are weighed upon admission and according to the care plan
- Assess patients on specific areas of concern and adjust the care plan
- Monitor: Mobilization, respiratory distress, neurological observations, and emotional status
- Risk management
- In-house staff training
- Patient and resident emergency response
Qualifications SANC registered as Registered Nurse. Up to date BLS.
Experience and Knowledge
- Relevant experience as a Shift Leader, in the fields of medical/surgical (sub-acute and long-term care), palliative care, rehab, orthopedic, care for patients for IV therapy/chemotherapy / frail care, and dementia care.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, managerial skills, making sound decisions, computer literate, professional, focused, fluent in English, proactive, organizational skills, be able to converse with people on different levels
- staff, families, MDT and other professionals coming into the facility. The incumbent should be well-presented and professional.
- - Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the roster. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month.
- Day shifts will be worked between 07h00 to 19h00 and night shifts between 19h00 and 07h00.
Salary on offer from R35,000 Cost to Company per month
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: