Jobs In Gauteng 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Payroll Business Partner is responsible for providing operational, managerial, and strategic direction for the payroll function at Client SA. This role provides the leadership to develop and control the payroll policies and procedures and the vision to build and transform the processes and systems.
The Payroll Business Partner cultivates a strong, customer-focused environment with emphasis on driving accurate and timely payroll results, in compliance with best practice, agreed company policies and procedures, contracts of employment, and statutory legislation. Supports projects that incorporate proactive and innovative solutions to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives.
Key Performance Areas
- Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully responsible for meeting all payroll and HR Admin-related objectives and deliverables.
- Strategically provides continuous improvements to the payroll process by analyzing trends and presenting recommendations to senior leadership.
- Identify and communicate Payroll risks, issues, and potential solutions along with providing status updates to senior leadership.
- Maintains awareness of current practices in payroll processing and keeps the various departments within the Company informed about changes in all current payroll policies and statutory legislation.
- Ability to analyze detail while retaining a broad view perspective.
- Implement suitable measures to track the performance of the Payroll and HR Admin department.
- Ensure that payrolls are processed promptly, that they run successfully adhering to established regulatory requirements and laws, including tax and labor laws.
- Set up key performance standards for payroll processing and carry out effective management of operations to ensure those standards are met.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop and deliver internal HR analytics such as variance reporting to identify master data issues or audit risks and provide proposed solutions.
- Be accountable and provide oversight for the maintenance and accuracy of employee data, for reporting and report distribution.
- Provide any people reporting as required by the business.
- Provide oversight and be fully accountable for the outputs of the payroll function.
- Ensure sound integration of processes that impact the payroll function and proactively identify and resolve any risks resulting in poor integration.
- Ensure compliance as it relates to payroll and tax (submission of UIF declaration, OIDA, bi-annual and annual EMP501 reconciliation and submission).
- Perform file analyses, manipulation, and conversion in support of electronic file processing in [email protected]
- Be the liaison between South Africa, GDC, and the Client group relating to any payroll and HR Admin process or policy changes/enhancements.
- Work with the continuous improvement team to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements and automation.
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Management
- Identify develop and maintain working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds appropriate and effective business relationships. Makes decisions that impact the success of assigned work, i.e., results and deadlines. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- Lead and mentor all direct reports.
- Drive innovation and delivery of an excellent Payroll/HR admin service by implementing a culture of client service and continuous improvement.
- Identify development areas.
- Create key performance areas aligned to company objectives.
- Provide payroll practice input into REMCO as required.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure sufficient segregation of duties to mitigate risk.
- Document processes, control requirements, and risk management frameworks that impact Payroll/HR Admin and ensure that they are understood by all relevant parties.
- Proactively identify gaps in Payroll/HR admin processes and practices which are non-compliant and implement relevant quality control mechanisms to address these.
- Review and streamline Payroll/HR Admin processes to ensure that they are adequate, legal, efficient, and effective.
- Manage compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) with respect
- Manage any labor relations-related changes impacting payroll.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Implement and practice the Client Values through practical application of the behaviors required as a VALUES champion and actively pursue our promise of a great experience again and the purpose of helping to enable others
- Tertiary Qualification (Degree or National Diploma in Finance and/or Payroll Administration and/or related)
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Knowledge and application of all legislation and tax laws relating to Payroll
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of Excel and other MS Office suites, performing complex payroll analysis and managing payroll data.
- Must have 5 - 7 years experience in a payroll environment at a management level
- Practical experience in running and managing payroll.
- Experience in automation and streamlining of payroll processes.
- Extensive experience in payroll audit management
- SAP experience
- Workday experience preferred but not essential
Skills and Abilities (what must I be able to do/display):
- Flexible and able to adapt within a changing environment
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Commercial Awareness
- Problem-solving with the ability to create sustainable payroll solutions
- Methodical approach
- Commitment to customer excellence and quality focus
- Must be self-motivated and can lead and coach a team remotely
This position has management responsibility.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: