Jobs In Northern Cape 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST: Staff Officer (Captain)
LOCATION: Office of the Provincial Head: Northern Cape, Provincial Office, Kimberley
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: Band C: R370 908 per annum
REFERENCES: DPCI/NC/239/2021 (1 Post)
- Manage and supervise the performance and other HR practices of the secretary and administrative support personnel at the office of the Provincial Head;
- Keeping the diary accurately and coordinate meetings;
- Remind the Provincial Head on meeting schedules;
- Arrange and book venues for the meetings in accordance with the number of people expected to attend;
- Arrange refreshments for the people attending the meetings;
- Handle routine correspondence;
- Render general reception service;
- Type documents, reports, letters, memoranda etc;
- Effective administration of a bring-forward system;
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Organise passport and related documentation for overseas trips;
- Supervise and exercise control over human, physical and financial resources allocated to the environment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Only the official application form (for salary level 1-12) which will be available at all SAPS Offices, Stations and may also be downloaded on the SAPS website will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to; failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the
- application form.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form as well as;
- Certified copies (not older than six (6) months) of an applicant's ID document, valid motor vehicle driver's licence, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records must be attached to each application.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to submit applications timeously between 07:30 and 16:00 to the correct postal/physical address as provided below and emailed applications will not be accepted (please note that in the event that an application is posted, it must be recieved at the indicated office before or on the closing date and time specified in the advertisement). Failure to which the applications will not be considered.
- The closing date for all applications is 11 June 2021 at 16:00. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/ her to undergo a personal interview and such candidates will be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- Candidates short-listed for appointment to certain identified posts will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the children's Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to the post.
- Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a relevant (to the post) three (3) year Degree/Diploma registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level;
- Be proficient in at least two (2) official languages, of which one (1) must be English.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing summer uniform;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage;
An applicable three (3) year Diploma/Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level in Public Management/Office Management/Secretarial/Business Management and two (2) years relevant experience in the field of the post of which one (1) year should be on supervisory level.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Application forms may be posted, couriered or hand delivered to the following addresses:
Applications for DPCI: NORTHERN CAPE can be posted to:
Lieutenant Colonel Bosman
PO Box 1142
Courier/Hand delivered to:
27 Stockdale Street, Old De-Beers Building (Cheapside)
Enquiries can be directed to:
Lieutenant Colonel Bosman and Captain Damons
Telephone number: (053) 836 7015 / 7006