Jobs In South Africa 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
What will you do?
Santam Operations, Commercial Contact Centre have a career opportunity available for Insurance Consultant base in Auckland Park. The insurance consultant role is focused on providing an end-to-end service and support to brokers.
What will make you successful in this role?
This role is focused on, but not limited to; servicing broker requests, including enquiries.
- Providing telephonic/ email support to the intermediary on record, authorised representatives from the brokerage, and broker services;
- Dealing with general insurance and policy specific enquiries;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Dealing with issuance of new policies/ policy maintenance/ renewal / agri aspects of policies;
- Assisting to resolve all insurance queries within required timeframe and compliance requirements;
- Undertaking client follow-ups when policies are cancelled to ascertain the reasons and attempt to retain the policy onto books;
- Undertaking to adjust premiums in line with new asset values;
- Managing client expectation on expected turnaround times for submitted requests;
- Adhering to underwriting criteria and regional requirements;
- Assist with profiling the client with the best suitable product and underwriting criteria;
- Advising brokers to ensure that we meet with clients’ needs in terms of the correct cover and product;
- Assisting in implementing solutions for improvement; and
- Standing in for Consultants should they be absent or on leave during busy periods or absence of key resources, assisting where required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric/ Grade 12
- 60 commercial lines FAIS credits
- A relevant insurance related qualification (e.g. NQF lev 5) would be advantageous
- Proven work experience in commercial, agriculture policy administration and underwriting within the short-term insurance industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in short term insurance commercial lines
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborating with internal colleagues and external stakeholders/clients
- Ensure adherence to quality, compliance and accreditation standards
- Conduct efficient administration
- Optimising work processes
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer Service
- Quality, compliance and accreditation
- Team Support
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: