Securtity / Law Enforcement Jobs In Western Cape : Mossel Bay Municipality Cadet Firefighter Recruitment 2021Securtity / Law Enforcement Jobs In South Africa 2021
Jobs In Western Cape 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Mossel Bay Municipality, an employer committed to equal employment, invites persons to apply for the undermentioned vacancy
CADET FIREFIGHTER (PROTECTION SERVICES)
(APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF MOSSEL BAY WILL RECEIVE PREFERENCE)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Performing firefighting tasks, rescue operations, and other emergency response actions under stressful conditions while wearing personal protective ensembles (PPE) and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), including working in extremely hot or cold environments for prolonged time periods
- Resuscitating and treating injured persons
- Participating in public fire and life safety education training by carrying out public demonstrations and visiting communities
- Participating in training drills, simulation exercises and physical fitness training
- Performing maintenance on equipment to ensure operational readiness
- Wearing fire protection ensemble that is encapsulating and insulated which can elevate core temperature to levels exceeding 39°C
- Searching for, finding and rescue-dragging or carrying victims ranging from new-borns up to adults weighing over 200kg to safety despite hazardous conditions and low visibility
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Climbing ladders, operating from heights, walking or crawling in the dark along narrow and uneven surfaces, and operating in proximity to electrical power lines and/or other hazards
- Unpredictable emergency requirements for prolonged periods of extreme physical exertion without benefit of warm-up, scheduled rest periods, meals, access to medication or hydration
- Critical, time-sensitive, complex problem solving during physical exertion in stressful, hazardous environments
- (Relevant proof / documentation must accompany application)
- Grade 12 (NQF Level 4)
- Valid Code B driver’s license
- Physically fit and able-bodied with no cardiac and respiratory anomalies
Medical certificate as proof that applicant may do strenuous work to accompany application
- Able to lift and move heavy weights
- Required to work shifts and overtime with little or no notice
- Required to work at any Fire Station, Fire Service facility or section within the area of jurisdiction as determined by the Senior Manager: Fire, Rescue and Disaster Management Services
- Have no mental phobias related to confined spaces, heights, depths, water, blood, darkness, isolation and deceased persons.
R119 588.88 – R154 471.56 per annum (T5)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test, including a driving skills test.
Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to:
The Senior Manager Human Resources,
P O Box 25,
Mossel Bay, 6500.
These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
Application forms are available on the Municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically available from the contact persons mentioned hereunder. Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications must accompany the CV.
Electronic applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.
Further details are obtainable from Ms N Bouwer or Ms J Ruiters at telephone number (044) - 6065000.
If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply to the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons.