Jobs In Cape Town 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
We have an outstanding Cape Town job opportunity for a senior marketing manager to work in the beauty division of a leading retailer. In this exciting role you will play a leading and influential role as a key business partner in Beauty. You will be responsible for interpreting the business and marketing strategy as well as future business challenges.
You will translate these into a clear, integrated, commercially led marketing and communication plan and brief (the big idea). This should consider relevant channels, budgets and the desired output to take your brands to market and should be executed in collaboration with colleagues across marketing and the business. You will be charged with positioning the brand as the destination for luxury and private label beauty brands. You will drive the execution of a compelling, innovative, integrated and leading brand marketing and communications plan to achieve agreed business objectives that’s informed by Customer data. If you have a passion for the retail beauty industry do not sleep on this one! Apply now!
- Position and build the brand as a beauty destination for luxury beauty brands and private label brand
- Drive the agreed positioning and build the private label brand in the market
- Interpret and utilise data to drive sales in store and online
- Drive and position the marketing communication strategy end to end
- Understand how packaging plays a big role in marketing product
- Support the business to achieve its strategy and goals
- Have knowledge of beauty products (features and benefits), luxury beauty brands, and local/international competitors
- Present and deliver the agreed strategic marketing and beauty vision to key business partners and stakeholders
- Know how to interpret customer data and the target customer – identify opportunities to cross shop and upselling
- Experience in building brands in a competitive and aggressive beauty market (FMCG and luxury)
- Experience in building private label beauty brand
- Translate the beauty business and marketing strategy into a marketing and communication plan
- Gather all relevant customer data and research from Customer colleagues and work in collaboration with them. Use insights and data as input into your Marketing strategy, plans and conceptual brief to target customer needs and new business opportunities
- Ensure all relevant digital and online opportunities are considered, working in collaboration with your Digital and Online colleagues as input into your Marketing strategy, plans and conceptual brief to target customer needs and new business opportunities
- Partner the business area you work with to proactively solve business challenges with Marketing solutions, working collaboratively with colleagues and the business area to provide appropriate solutions
- Translate the marketing and beauty strategy into a detailed, integrated marketing and communication plan and detailed brief for delivery
- Achieve business goals and targets through agreed customer communication channels and experiences
- Drive key messages to the Market and to the target customer to increase sales, grow existing customers and acquire new customers.
- Help influence and change customer perceptions of the Beauty offering
- Build a private label beauty brand that is competitive in the marketplace and get customers to grow a loyal affinity to it
- Understand and influence the role of loyalty and what loyalty means for Beauty customers across ONLINE and IN STORE
- Attend, understand and interpret market and business context, trends and integrated customer insights to develop the integrated marketing and communication plan
- Keep up to date with new opportunities and new thinking, to ensure the brand stays ahead of the game, both locally and globally
- Drive a strategic partnership with the buying group and selling partners to ensure alignment of product strategy and marketing strategy
- Create immersive customer experiences in small- and large-scale stores. Project manage from brief through to execution whilst adhering to budgets.
- Drive the execution of the marketing communications plan
- Drive the integrated communications brief, leading and engaging with key stakeholders and areas of specialisation across 360 partners within Marketing including Agency, VM, IN STORE trade, Direct, Digital/Online, PR, Social Media and Beauty Brand Partners.
- Strong media buying experience and knowledge to get best SOV per spend and objective
- Engage and build the integrated beauty plan including key trading opportunities, special occasions, new store openings, luxury brands calendar and working closely with the Fashion Brand teams
- Manage end to end process from Brief into Agency through to execution
- Ensure the overarching communication objectives and big ideas are understood
- Drive integration and be the key point of contact for 360 communication delivery
- Drive key elements of the communications approach such as media planning and brand positioning from concept to execution
- Drive the execution process and ensure approval process from a brand and product / brand partner’s perspective is adhered to
- Manage business interface & trade process into marketing
- Ensure timeous delivery of marketing inputs and elements into the buying group merchandise cycle
- Act as the primary Marketing point of contact into the business, product groups and luxury beauty brands
- Work closely with the beauty business unit to ensure deep alignment of trade and product positioning objectives
- Take a “can-do”, proactive approach to “make it happen”, working with the Beauty Buying Group, Trade Forum, Sales Management, Stores, the creative Agency, 360 partners etc.
- Engage in all key and relevant aspects of the business, including trade planning, online, sales management, product reviews, IT process, in relation to delivering the 360 integrated plans
- Manage and integrate new or updated packaging within the Beauty marketing plan working with the buying, packaging and trend teams.
- Budget and commercial management
- Manage and maintain annual marketing budget for beauty including Beauty and luxury brands
- Ensure effective cost management - manage variances in actual expense against budget set.
- Recon and manage budget contribution with Beauty brands as per contracts agreed
- Conduct PIR’s to measure success and assess efficacy of campaigns, best practice (ROI)
- Accountable for relationship and stakeholder management with key areas, such as PR, Direct Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Product groups, Online, Social and Beauty brands and Agency.
- Work proactively across teams and functions, to optimise integration opportunities
- Optimise how to sell product and experiences in stores and online
- Influence internal and external stakeholders, peers and team members where necessary to ensure delivery of the marketing plan as well as identify opportunities.
- Raise issues and concerns timeously and in a professional manner, and manage expectations in line with company Values and Strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key 360 partners including Agency, VM, PR & Corp Comms, Direct, Loyalty, Digital, Online, Social Media, Store Design, Special Occasions, Packaging, Production, Post-Production and Content partners.
- Proactively manage relationships with product/buying groups and partners
- Drive and encourage a motivating and positive working experience across business stakeholders and marketing.
- Complete IPM discussions with direct reports according to IPM timelines.
- Ensure that team members deliver according to the critical path.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in marketing
- Minimum seven years of beauty marketing experience
- A good and experienced leader that brings out the best in teams
- Agency experience would be advantageous
- FMCG experience would be a benefit
- Experience in building beauty brands is essential
- Experience in data-led marketing communication is key
- Experience in building a private label beauty brand
- Knowledge in how to create customer experiences and marketing that positions awareness of the company as a Beauty destination offering both branded beauty and private label beauty (Be a subject matter specialist)
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of marketing
- Experience in managing budgets and teams
- TTL 360 media understanding (especially digital) and briefing into a creative agency
- Deep understanding of integrated communication platforms and how to work with confidence across traditional media, digital, social, PR, promotions in order to deliver the communications strategy
- Experience in using customer insights optimally to drive a relevant marketing strategy and clear communications plan
- Ability to translate a product strategy into comms strategy into marketing plan, clear briefs and deliverables
- Understand the role of Loyalty to grow the customer base and community
- Passion for retail, the product, brand and customers
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and able to pay attention to detail
- Creative thinker and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen: demonstrates commercially led marketing and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
- Team player: willing to work co-operatively with others, within a team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills (execute with operational excellence and attention to detail)
- Ability to understand local and international trends
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Agility and flexibility
- Professional, respectful and courteous
- Problem-solving ability
- High emotional intelligence and resilience
- Presentation skills/articulate
- Proactive, takes initiative and driven.
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the Marketing, Advertising, Media, Digital, PR/Communications and Publishing industries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested aplicants should send CV and Cover letter to :
+27 21 422 1037, Viv Gordon