Securtity / Law Enforcement Jobs In Pretoria : Head of Cold Case Investigation Unit - South African Police ServiceSecurtity / Law Enforcement Jobs In South Africa 2021
Jobs In Pretoria 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST: Section Head: Cold Case Investigation Unit (at the level of Brigadier – Salary Level 13)
LOCATION: Head Office, Pretoria
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: Band A (SMS), All-inclusive flexible remuneration package of R1 076 370
REFERENCES: Post No 21/02/3183
The post requires skills in: strategic capability, analytical ability, and leadership, programme and project management, financial management, change management, service delivery innovation, problem solving and analysis, people management and empowerment, client orientation, audit and assurance, audit and risk management experience, stake holder relations and customer focus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Applicants must have knowledge of systems, processes, procedures, policies and legislation relevant to the field of the post, such as the Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Public Service Act, South African Police Service Act, as well as Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Police / Public Service Regulations, Risk Management Framework in the Public Sector and other relevant legislation. Applicants must also be computer literate (Microsoft Word / Power Point / Excel).
- Have at least a three (3) year Degree or Diploma (accredited by SAQA on NQF level 6 or higher) in Policing/Law/Criminology/Police Science/ Forensic Investigation or other relevant field of study. A successfully completed Commercial Crime Forensic Learning Programme or a Detective Course or Detective Learning Programme or Resolving of Crime (ROC) or Detective Commander’s Course or Detective Commander Learning Programme (DCLP) as well as relevant training and development in a Middle Management Learning Programme, Leadership and Management Training Programme, and/or Programme and Project Management, and knowledge, training and proficiency of the Efficiency Index (Performance Chart), CRIM, CAS and Circulation Systems may be an advantage;
- Have a minimum of three years’ appropriate managerial experience in the field of the post;
- Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Have a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license; and
- Will be required to undergo a security vetting process to the level of Top Secret and obtain a security clearance of Top Secret within six months after appointment (if not already in possession of such a valid security clearance).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Application forms will be available from SAPS Head Office, Wachthuis Building, Thibault Arcade, 225 Pretorius Street, PRETORIA, 2nd floor, room T208.
Application forms will also be available at the Provincial Offices, Human Resource Management and on the SAPS Website: https://www.saps.gov.za.
The application form that must be used is circulated together with the advertisement and it may be requested via only one of the following e-mail addresses:
Application forms may be delivered by hand to the SAPS Head Office, Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration: Wachthuis Building, Thibault Arcade, 225 Pretorius Street, PRETORIA, 2nd floor, room T208 (between 07:30 and 16:00), or may be posted to (please note that in the event that an application is posted, it must be reached at the indicated office before or on the closing date and time specified in the advertisement i.e. 22 February 2021 at 16:00:
The South African Police Service
Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration
Private Bag X986
The onus is on the candidate to obtain a reference number as proof of registration of the application. It is furthermore the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application has been received at the Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration, Head Office on or before the closing date and time of the advertisement. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
Enquiries can be directed to ANY of the personnel at SMS Appointment Administration: Head Office including Lieutenant Colonel Horst or Lieutenant Colonel van Rensburg at telephone number: 012 393-4463 / 1014 / 1078 / 4320 / 2484 / 2773 / 2436.