Jobs In Cape Town 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
We have a fabulous job opportunity for a Mid-weight Digital Project Manager. The opening is at a leading Martech company with a growing production office in Cape Town. We are looking for a clued-up and organised individual to join a fun-loving, dynamic and innovative team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the fast-paced world of digital and traditional Marketing within a fun and driven team of Marketing Technology professionals. Project Management is a core part of the company’s value offering and as such they require a Digital Project Manager who enjoys engaging with clients and can keep a number of projects running successfully in parallel. Experience in Project Management is key, with some technical knowledge being strongly advantageous. The company offers the advantage of working on projects across a wide variety of industries with businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to corporates. They espouse a passion for quality and efficiency fostering strong, collaborative relationships with their clients. They offer wellness benefits and great barista coffee all day. If you’re a strong team player and love delivering and exceeding client expectations, we’d like to hear from you.
- Manage projects from kick-off to delivery, in conjunction with strategists, designers, developers and delivery team.
- Define project scope, goals, budgets, deliverables and dependencies in conjunction with all stakeholders.
- Manages cross-functional project teams, identify resources needed, assign and prioritise tasks/responsibilities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare project timelines and work with production and delivery teams to ensure milestones and deadlines are met.
- Prepare the necessary documentation to ensure smooth and successful projects.
- Manage expectations throughout the project and communicate plans and project status transparently and regularly to the client.
- Identify risks upfront and effectively mitigate and manage these with our team and clients.
- Ensure the delivery of high-volume projects on time, and on budget.
- Report to the Project Services Manager on project profitability and future project optimisation suggestions.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry related tertiary qualification
- Three years' experience in a Project or Account Management role within a Digital Agency
- Knowledge of Client Service principles and practices.
- An accredited Project Manager qualification - would be advantageous.
- Thorough understanding and experience in CMS such as WordPress.
- A fast learner who can grasp the requirements of a project quickly.
- Highly organised and detail orientated.
- Passionate about digital and technology.
- Able to work effectively under pressure while keeping the team calm and motivated.
- Someone who takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and can manage their own time.
- Completely dependable.
- A natural problem-solver and able to pull a project back on track when the unexpected comes up.
- Able to effectively manage clients, even when things aren’t going quite to plan.
- Able to manage client assets and uploading of content to web projects.
- Able to assist with testing and implementation activities.
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the Marketing, Advertising, Media, Digital, PR/Communications and Publishing industries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested aplicants should send CV and Cover letter to :
+27 21 422 1037, Viv Gordon