Jobs In South Africa 2021
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST: Section Head: Legal Support: Financial Management and Technology Management Services: Division Legal Services (at the level of Brigadier)
LOCATION: Head Office, Pretoria
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: Salary Level 13 Band A (SMS), All-inclusive flexible remuneration package of R1 076 370
REFERENCES: Post No 20/07/3153
The post requires skills in: strategic capability, analytical ability, and leadership, programme and project management, financial management, change management, service delivery innovation, problem solving and analysis, people management and empowerment, client orientation, audit and assurance, audit and risk management experience, stake holder relations and customer focus.
Applicants must have knowledge of systems, processes, procedures, policies and legislation relevant to the field of the post, such as the Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Public Service Act, South African Police Service Act, as well as Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Police / Public Service Regulations, Risk Management Framework in the Public Sector and other relevant legislation. Applicants must also be computer literate (Microsoft Word / Power Point / Excel).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Have a LLB / B Proc Degree (accredited by SAQA on NQF level 7). An applicable post graduate qualification in the above relevant fields, relevant training and development in Middle Management Learning Programme and/or admission as an Attorney or Advocate with successful bar examination / pupillage examination will be an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of three years’ appropriate managerial experience in the field of the post;
- Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Have a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license; and
- Will be required to undergo a security vetting process to the level of Top Secret and obtain a security clearance of Top Secret within six months after appointment (if not already in possession of such a valid security clearance).
- Manage the provision of legal support to the financial and technology management services environments,
- Manage the provision of legal support to the financial management services environment,
- Manage the provision of legal support to the technology management services environment,
- Manage and utilise all resources allocated to the immediate post environment in accordance with relevant directives and legislation.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- The closing date for applications is: 22 February 2021 at 16:00:
- Only the official application form as mentioned in paragraph 5 supra will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application. Each page of the application form must be signed by the applicant.
- The post particulars and number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A separate original application form and CV must be submitted for each post applied for. Copies will not be accepted.
- The CV must contain full particulars of:
- all boards on which an applicant serves;
- current employment and other business interests;
- career promotions, appointments, career developments, career history, and
- current studies and qualifications.
- An applicant must also attach to every application originally certified copies of all of the following documents:
- ID document;
- valid motor vehicle driver’s licence; and
- Degree/Diploma certificates of all educational qualifications obtained (academic records and/or statements of results only do not suffice).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Applicants must declare all interests or involvement in a public – or private board or council or any other private entity of which such interest may create a conflict of interest.
- Successful candidates for appointment, will be vetted in terms of Chapter 7, Part 2 of the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005) or the National Sex Offenders Register [Section 42 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007)]. A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post. If it appears after an applicant’s appointment that his or her name appears in either of the indicated registers, his or her appointment may be re-considered.
- Candidates are expected to disclose if he/she is a respondent in an interim or final protection order in terms of the Domestic Violence Act, 1998 (Act No 116 of 1998) or Protection from Harassment Act, 2011 (Act No 17 of 2011), and may be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- The final selected candidate must disclose any financial interest, in the prescribed format, as provided for in the SAPS Employment Regulations, 2018 for newly appointed SMS candidates or proof of the electronic submission for the previous disclosure period.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a security vetting process to the level of Top Secret and obtain a security clearance of Top Secret within six months after appointment (if not already in possession of such a valid security clearance).
- Appointments will be made in terms of the SAPS Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995).
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to submit one (1) set of fingerprints to the secretary of the selection committee.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an assessment centre process, in compliance with DPSA directives, which will be used to test the relevant technical elements of the job and the generic managerial competencies, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department.
- The successful candidate will have to conclude a contract of employment, enter into a performance agreement and disclose all financial interests in terms of the South African Police Service Employment Regulations, 2018, and the Public Service Regulations, 2016.
The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
Although the posts are advertised, the National Commissioner may withdraw any post from the advertisement, re-advertise such post or fill the post by transferring a person at the same level where this is deemed to be in the interest of service delivery.
In accordance with National Instruction 9 of 2016, as well as Regulation 24 of the SAPS General Regulations, expenses with regard to travel and accommodation of candidates may be paid by the South African Police Service.
The appointment of the successful applicant will come into effect on the first day of the month following the date on which the National Commissioner approved the appointment/date of assumption of duty.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Application forms will be available from SAPS Head Office, Wachthuis Building, Thibault Arcade, 225 Pretorius Street, PRETORIA, 2nd floor, room T208.
Application forms will also be available at the Provincial Offices, Human Resource Management and on the SAPS Website: https://www.saps.gov.za.
The application form that must be used is circulated together with the advertisement and it may be requested via only one of the following e-mail addresses:
Application forms may be delivered by hand to the SAPS Head Office, Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration: Wachthuis Building, Thibault Arcade, 225 Pretorius Street, PRETORIA, 2nd floor, room T208 (between 07:30 and 16:00), or may be posted to (please note that in the event that an application is posted, it must be reached at the indicated office before or on the closing date and time specified in the advertisement i.e. 22 February 2021 at 16:00:
The South African Police Service
Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration
Private Bag X986
The onus is on the candidate to obtain a reference number as proof of registration of the application. It is furthermore the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application has been received at the Subsection: SMS Appointment Administration, Head Office on or before the closing date and time of the advertisement. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
Enquiries can be directed to ANY of the personnel at SMS Appointment Administration: Head Office including Lieutenant Colonel Horst or Lieutenant Colonel van Rensburg at telephone number: 012 393-4463 / 1014 / 1078 / 4320 / 2484 / 2773 / 2436.