Jobs In South Africa 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Could You Be the Next Traffic Officer in South Africa?
Do you want to help keep the streets of South Africa safe? Do you love solving problems? If so, you might be just the kind of traffic officer we’re looking for!
Your first step to joining our team and starting making a difference in your community is by applying to one of our upcoming recruitment events – we’ll be hosting several across South Africa this year.
Learn more about this exciting career opportunity, and apply today!
A Day in the Life of a Traffic Officer
Each day, traffic officers are placed at different intersections throughout a city. Their job is to direct and control traffic by enforcing speeding laws, investigating car accidents, and issuing tickets for parking violations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Depending on where they’re working that day, they may wear special clothing such as reflective vests or hats with police written on them. They may have police radios to communicate with other officers nearby.
Training and Education Requirements
To become a traffic officer, you must complete high school or equivalent. Education opportunities are available at trade schools, technical colleges and online. A traffic officer’s training includes classroom courses on patrol, driving and observation techniques.
Candidates also take physical fitness tests, written exams and practical exercises. Training courses last anywhere from a week to a year or more depending on your state’s requirements. Some states even offer special certification programs that may be available online after you pass state exams and field training requirements.
In general, traffic officers in South Africa are paid according to their qualifications and experience. They may earn as little as R6 000 – 9 500 per month, but those with more advanced qualifications can earn upwards of R19 000 per month.
Bonuses are not unusual for traffic officers working nights or at accident hotspots. Hours: A typical day for a traffic officer includes shifts on weekdays from 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM and from 3:00 PM – 12:00 AM on alternate days.
What Are Some Additional Benefits of Becoming a Traffic Police Officer?
Working for traffic police is probably one of the safest jobs you could have today. With high-tech cameras and new road rules, accidents are more common and no longer your fault.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
It’s just a matter of reporting it after you arrive at the scene. If that’s not enough to convince you, then check out these additional benefits of being a traffic police officer
Traffic Officer Learnerships Requirements
Applicants should be more youthful than 35 to apply. Competitors should incorporate an itemized educational program vitae. They should likewise give contactable references, alongside any data they feel might be pertinent to their application. Incorporate affirmed duplicates of every applicable testament, ID Documents and confirmation of address no more established than a quarter of a year.
Up-and-comers will likewise be needed to hold fast to the accompanying:
- You should be a South African resident
- Up-and-comers should hold a legitimate South African ID report
- All competitors should have a substantial Driving License
- Applicants probably finished Grade 12, and hold an authentication
- Candidates should be capable in English and one other language
- Up-and-comers should not hold any criminal record
- You should be medicinally fit for demanding exercises
- Applicants should be skilled to have a gun, accordingly not be proclaimed awkward in understanding the Firearms Control Act
- All applicants should not be proclaimed bumbling in whatever other Legislation that could be of pertinence
- Competitors should be eager to show up on Saturday or Sunday, public occasions in addition to shifts
- Candidates should have remarkable relational abilities. Verbal and Written
- Competitors should not be associated with any worker excusal measures
Falsification of any kind will not be taken lightly. Only candidates who make the shortlist will be contacted. These candidates will be asked to do a medical, driving, fitness and fingerprint check.
Candidates have not assured a permanent position after the completion of their learnership, however, some of these institutes may offer permanent positions if they have an opening.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to Become One
There are a few different routes you can take when getting into traffic enforcement. In most cases, these positions are filled through an application process that’s handled at a national level.
Many larger countries—especially those with big cities and high population densities—utilize regional applications. So, if you live near a large city, apply to become a traffic officer locally; if not, consider applying at a national level.
Interested in applying for a Traffic Officer job?
Interested applicants should
or check below for other traffic officers opportunities
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.