Jobs In Johannesburg 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Have you got your finger on the pulse of youth marketing? Have an affinity for inspiring the leaders of the future? We have an exciting job opportunity for you! An outstanding position has opened up for a dynamic, youthful Managing Director at an innovative Johannesburg youth Marketing agency. This established agency focuses on connecting brands in a meaningful and engaging way with students. As such, we are looking for an MD who has worked with the youth/has experience in the student/youth target market arena. In helping brands understand students by immersing them on campus and uncovering youth insights, they are able to truly reach the enigmatic market. They work with various brands including the Motoring, Telecoms, FMCG, Financial and Luxury sectors. Bring your ability to connect with the youth sector in an exciting and compelling way that sparks results and make this funky role yours!
- Strategise, implement and oversee processes for increased productivity and growth
- Plan and implement long-term business strategies to achieve business objectives
- Develop business goals that lead to commercial growth
- Organise and coordinate operations and resources in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Manage the direction of the business and guide team members
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and enhance business processes
- Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating costs while maintaining quality and deliver excellent service
- Prepare and present reports to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Compile a comprehensive budget and perform periodic budget reviews
- Compile and monitor monthly forecasts
- Continuously monitor the annual budget to ensure that revenue targets are met
- Implement, monitor and manage budget, providing regular financial reports to the Board
- Timeously identify variances in budgets and formulate action plans to address these
- Ensure sustainability and growth of profitability as a business
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and potential markets
- Source new business opportunities in line with operational capabilities and business strategy
- Develop proposals and deliver to relevant clients as required
- Conduct pitch presentations for new business opportunities
- Manage the development of contracts/SLAs in line with client requirements
- Define a strategy and execute a plan to revolutionise the agency’s marketing and brand strategy
- Act as a thought leader in defining the agency’s marketing strategy, ensuring alignment to the priorities of the business
- Oversee the development of marketing initiatives and strategy across the business, ensuring appropriate action plans and milestones are in place
- Provide short and long-term market forecasts and reports by conducting continuous analyses of the competitive environment and consumer trends
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders as a means to ensure objectives are met
- Partner effectively with relevant stakeholders to ensure implementation of business activities
- Build cross-functional relationships and encourage collective accountability
- Advise, influence, negotiate and make presentations to clients and internal stakeholder at all levels across the business
- Proactively manage stakeholder updates and communication of key business processes and practices
- Through effective inspirational leadership, facilitate the creation of accountable, full-service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all clients and Group objectives.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree (NQF Level 7)
- Eight to 10 years’ experience managing a Business Unit/Function
- At least five years’ experience in a senior leadership position
- Advertising Agency experience – a must!
- Previous experience working with students
- Able to create and encourage a delivery-focused culture
- Able to continually inspire, motivate and develop people to understand what is expected of them (co-create a team/organisational culture of high accountability)
- Able to take full respo, nsibility for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the Marketing, Advertising, Media, Digital, PR/Communications and Publishing industries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested aplicants should send CV and Cover letter to :
+27 21 422 1037, Michelle Snitcher