Jobs In South Africa 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A cashier facilitates money transactions for customers by accepting cash, cheques, credit, or debit. Cashiers deal with a great deal of money on a daily basis, therefore they need to be honest employees that are reliable and trustworthy. They are also constantly in contact with the public, so must have excellent customer skills, as well as be helpful and knowledgable about the product(s) they sell.
The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information about customers' products, promotions, or item locations. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What skills should a cashier have?
Cashiers should be courteous and attentive to customers while they scan and count items and collect payments. They should be skilled multitaskers with solid math skills. The basic duties of a cashier also require a high level of efficiency and accuracy. While these cashier skills and qualifications are a good place to start, you should create a cashier job skills list that tells applicants what it takes to be a successful member of your team.
Cashier Job Vacancies Available in South Africa
if you believe you are suitable with the skills above and are ready to work as a Cashier in South Africa then the interested applicant should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.